Join Activities Council Today and Gain Leadership Experience
Activities Council offers students a chance to get the true behind-the-scenes experience of student life. Members get to represent the student body, meet and work with performers and agents and develop not only leadership experience but also gain new friends and have fun.
Activities Council members earn monthly stipends for their volunteer assistance.
Pick-up an application at:
Campus Center Ticket, Information, & ID Office [CC 211]
Or download the application:
A complete application packet includes:
What Activities Council Members Do...
1. Develop, implement, and evaluate programs year-round
2. Attend weekly AC meetings that last approximately one to one and a half hours
3. Attend weekly 1 hour individual advisor meetings
4. Attend 1/2 hour weekly event committee meetings
5. Follow up on all assigned event planning during office hours
6. Represent the UH student population at conferences around the country
7. Enrich student life at the University of Hawaii at Manoa
The Executive Assistant works to provide support to the Activities Council members. He or she has the opportunity to work with an exceptional group of council members toward the goal of enriching the student experience for UHM students. All while gaining work experience and leadership experience.
The Executive Assistant position is one of two hourly paid student staff positions within the council.
Download the application:
Return completed applications to Stephanie Welin (email@example.com) along with:
What The Executive Assistant Does....
1. Process fiscal documents for Activities Council events
2. Create agendas and take meeting minutes for weekly AC meetings
3. Answer phone calls and respond to e-mails
4. Respond to customers' questions and maintain customer relationships
5. Maintain contact with vendors to ensure seamless payment
6. Update and maintain social media sites and website
7. Support council members wherever possible
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the AC Chairperson or Lead Advisor here.